Monday, July 12, 2010

Treeosaur






I'd like to preface this post with the assertion that THIS IS REAL.

Patrick Boyle is an American deer hunter. He uses a bow, crossbow, shotgun, rifle and sometimes a shotgun, when he stumbles across a particularly ferocious Bambi in the woods. But Patrick is also a hunting theorist who has come up with the Treeosaur theorum: That the most effective way to hunt deer is "to fool the deer by becoming a tree." Reasonable enough.

Boyle then elaborates that

the biomechanics and senses of many theropod dinosaur species allowed them to ambush prey by stand hunting from a tree. In addition, I believe these same theropod dinosaurs utilized trees to support their bodies while sleeping and while mating. I call this theropod dinosaur hunting/sleeping/mating from a tree hypothesis the Treeosaur theory.


Ding ding ding! Next stop CRAZY TOWN! But I am too hasty, and perhaps I show my ignorance of Jurassic hunting technique. Please peruse Pat's diagrams and draw your own conclusions.

No comments: