Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Children's Letters to President Obama


Oh my gawwwd CUTE! Check out these sweet little nuggets of kiddie-hope:

Dear Pres. Obama,

Good job on winning. I heard about Area 51. I wanted to ask you if there are any U.F.O.’s there. I think that you should tell people in public the truth about Area 51. You would just maybe say, “That we will take care of it.” And do it.

— Edwin Jara, age 9, New York

Dear Obama,

If you were going to make up a holiday, what would it be? If you were going to make a law, what would it be? I liked you before you were even president. I'm friends with Jerey Best, the girl that was on CNN and also sent you a letter.

Sincerely,

Lauren Solomon, age 11
Los Angeles

Dear Barack Obama,

You are one of my friends. I cannot believe you are president. In our community, you're the best guy I've ever seen. You rock the whole world. I cannot believe you did such an awesome job.

Love,

Jennifer Navarreto, age 10
Brooklyn

Dear Barack Obama,

Congrats on becoming the president of the United States and slaughtering John McCain. I think that, unlike W., you should dodge other countries and not shoes. You should not be so quick to go to war and negotiate with terrorists. I like what you said about bringing the troops home from Iraq.

If you like my letter, know that it's from

D'andre "the King" Legrand, age 12
Brooklyn


GOOD blog.

McSweeneys.

No comments: